Ice Cream Cake Strain: Origin, THC & CBD levels, Effects, Cultivation, Yield and Tips
January 22, 2024 | by ANURAG GUPTA
Ice Cream Cake is a highly sought-after cannabis strain known for its sweet and creamy flavor, potent effects, and relaxing properties. The strain is popular among both recreational and medicinal users due to its calming and euphoric effects. Ice Cream Cake plants typically reach medium-tall heights and have a flowering period of 8-9 weeks, producing moderate to high yields when grown under proper conditions.
In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the origin, genetics, strain profile, effects, and benefits of Ice Cream Cake, challenges as well as tips for cultivation and more.
Origin and Genetics
Ice Cream Cake is a hybrid strain, with 75% indica and 25% sativa genetics. It is a cross between Wedding Cake and Gelato #33, two well-known cannabis strains. This genetic combination results in a unique blend of sweet and fruity flavors, as well as a range of cerebral and physical effects. Its lineage and high THC levels make it a popular choice for those seeking relaxation and relief from various conditions.
Ice Cream Cake Strain Profile
THC and CBD Levels
Ice Cream Cake is a potent strain, with a THC content ranging from 20% to 25%. It also contains minor amounts of CBD and CBG, which contribute to its sedative-like effect hours after smoking. The strain’s CBG content averages around 1%, while its CBD can reach 1.3%.
Flavor and Aroma
Ice Cream Cake has a creamy vanilla and fruity profile, with herbal, nutty, and citrus notes upon the exhale. Its flavor is often compared to that of the Wedding Cake strain. The strain’s terpene profile, which includes limonene, caryophyllene, myrcene, and linalool, contributes to its distinct aroma and effects.
Ice Cream Cake plants grow to medium-tall heights and have a dense, resinous bud structure. The buds are covered in trichomes, giving them a frosty appearance. The strain’s buds are light green and purple, completely flushed with icy trichomes.
Ice Cream Cake Strain Effects and Benefits
Ice Cream Cake offers a deeply relaxing experience, with users spending the majority of the high in a state of physical relaxation. In larger quantities, this effect becomes even more pronounced, making it difficult to stay awake. The strain’s sedative-like effect hours after smoking is due to its minor CBD and CBG content.
The initial effect induced by IceCream Cake is euphoric and inspiring, generating a feeling of happiness and creativity. This cerebral push encourages happiness, ease, and positivity, making it a great choice for those seeking a mood boost.
Ice Cream Cake is beloved by medicinal patients for its calming effects, ability to ease the symptoms of insomnia, reduction in anxiety levels, and capacity to help with chronic pain and inflammation issues. The strain’s high THC content helps ease the mind and body, providing relief for various medical conditions such as stress, depression, anxiety, pain, lack of appetite, fatigue, and insomnia.
Growing IceCream Cake
Ice Cream Cake plants take approximately 8-10 weeks to reach maturity. The flowering period is between 8-9 weeks.
Indoor vs Outdoor Growing
Ice Cream Cake can be grown both indoors and outdoors, but it prefers warm climates and requires a consistently warm environment with minimum levels of humidity. Indoor growing is ideal for beginners, as it allows for better control over temperature, light, and humidity conditions.
Ice Cream Cake Strain Yield Information
Average Yield Indoors
Ice Cream Cake plants grown indoors typically yield between 1 to 2 ounces per square foot, with some growers reporting yields of up to 3 ounces per square foot. The exact yield will depend on factors such as growing conditions, plant health, and cultivation techniques.
Average Yield Outdoors
Outdoor yields for IceCream Cake plants can vary depending on factors such as climate, soil quality, and growing conditions. Some growers report yields of up to 1 pound per plant, while others may achieve yields of 2 pounds or more per plant. Keep in mind that outdoor yields can be affected by factors such as pests, disease, and weather conditions.
Note: It is essential to note that these yield estimates are based on the experiences of individual growers and may not be representative of every grower’s results. Factors such as plant health, cultivation techniques, and environmental conditions can significantly impact the yield of Ice Cream Cake plants.
Challenges in Cultivation
Common Pests and Diseases
Common pests that can affect the Ice Cream Cake strain include spider mites, aphids, and whiteflies. These pests can cause damage to the plants by feeding on the leaves and stems. Additionally, diseases such as powdery mildew and botrytis (bud rot) can also affect the strain, especially in high humidity conditions. It is important for growers to monitor their plants regularly and take preventive measures to protect them from these potential threats.
Managing & Optimizing Environmental Factors
When cultivating the Ice Cream Cake strain, it is essential to manage environmental factors such as temperature, humidity, and light exposure. Ice Cream Cake plants thrive in a warm and dry climate with temperatures between 68-82°F (20-28°C) during the day and slightly cooler temperatures at night. The strain’s wide and broad root system requires substantial space, which can be a challenge for growers with limited area. Additionally, maintaining the proper humidity levels, good air circulation, and providing the right amount of light are crucial for the healthy growth of the plants. Indoor growers should also consider using proper ventilation and air filtration systems to create an optimal growing environment.
Tips for Cultivation
- Maintain a consistent temperature, light, and humidity schedule.
- Utilize accepted pruning and training techniques for better yields and top-tier results.
- Implement the screen of green method to help the buds near the bottom get proper exposure to light.
- Ensure adequate airflow and maintain pruning to prevent mold or bud rot.
- Use GH flora micro, gro, and bloom nutrients for optimal growth.
By following these tips and providing the right growing conditions, you can successfully cultivate Ice Cream Cake plants and enjoy their delicious flavor and potent effects.
When it comes to consuming the Ice Cream Cake strain, there are several methods to choose from, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. The most common methods include:
- Smoking: Smoking involves inhaling the smoke from burning cannabis flowers. This method provides near-instant effects, making it popular for those seeking immediate relief or recreational use. However, smoking can be harsh on the lungs and may not be suitable for everyone.
- Vaporizing: Vaporizing involves heating the cannabis to create an inhalable vapor without burning the plant material. This method is more gentle on the lungs and provides a smoother experience compared to smoking. Vaporizers can be used with both dry cannabis flowers and concentrates.
- Edibles: Edibles are cannabis-infused foods, such as chocolates, brownies, space cakes, and majoun. They are consumed orally and take longer to take effect, usually between 20 minutes and three hours. Edibles are a popular choice for those who want a more discreet and long-lasting experience.
- Tinctures: Tinctures are cannabis-infused alcohol solutions that can be consumed sublingually (under the tongue) or added to food and drinks. They provide a quicker onset of effects compared to edibles, usually within 15-45 minutes. Tinctures are a convenient and discreet option for those who want to avoid smoking or vaporizing.
- Topicals: Topicals are cannabis-infused lotions, balms, and oils that are applied directly to the skin. They provide localized relief from pain and inflammation without producing psychoactive effects. Topicals are a popular choice for those seeking relief from specific symptoms without the psychoactive effects of other consumption methods.
Possible Side Effects
Common side effects of consuming the Ice Cream Cake strain may include:
- Dry mouth
- Dry eyes
- Increased heart rate
To mitigate these side effects, it is essential to start with a low dose and gradually increase it as needed. It is also crucial to consume the strain in a comfortable and familiar environment and avoid consuming large quantities in one sitting.
Tips for First-Time Users
- Dosage Recommendations: Start with a low dose, such as 5-10 mg of THC, and wait for at least 2 hours before consuming more. This will help you gauge your tolerance and avoid overconsumption.
- Responsible Use: Consume the Ice Cream Cake strain in a safe and comfortable environment, and avoid driving or operating heavy machinery after consuming. It is also essential to store the strain securely and out of reach of children and pets.
Comparison with Other Strains
IceCream Cake is often compared to other popular strains due to its similarities in flavor, effects, and genetics. Some of the strains it is compared to include:
- Gelato 33: Ice Cream Cake shares some similarities with Gelato 33, as they both have a creamy vanilla flavor and a potent, relaxing effect. However, Ice Cream Cake has a slightly more indica-dominant profile, resulting in a more relaxing experience.
- Wedding Cake: Ice Cream Cake is a cross between Wedding Cake and Gelato #33, so it inherits some of the characteristics of both strains. It has a similar flavor profile to Wedding Cake, but with a slightly more indica-dominant effect.
- Dutch Cake: Ice Cream Cake is compared to Dutch Cake due to their similar effects and genetics. Both strains are indica-dominant and offer a relaxing, sedative experience.
Legal Status and Availability
The legal status and availability of IceCream Cake vary depending on your location. It is essential to check your local laws and regulations before purchasing or consuming this strain. In some areas, it may be available at dispensaries, while in others, it may be grown by home cultivators or obtained through the black market.
- What is the THC content of Ice Cream Cake?
Ice Cream Cake typically has a THC content ranging from 20% to 25%, making it quite potent.
- How long does it take for Ice Cream Cake to flower?
Ice Cream Cake plants take approximately 8-10 weeks to reach maturity, with a flowering period between 8-9 weeks.
- Can Ice Cream Cake be grown indoors?
Yes, Ice Cream Cake can be grown indoors. It is ideal for indoor cultivation, especially for beginners, as it allows for better control over environmental factors such as temperature, light, and humidity.
- What are the common side effects of Ice Cream Cake?
The common reported effects of Ice Cream Cake include physical relaxation, euphoria, creativity, and potential side effects such as dry mouth, dry eyes, and dizziness. However, the specific side effects can vary from person to person.
- How does IceCreamCake compare to other strains?
Ice Cream Cake is often compared to other strains such as Gelato 33, Wedding Cake, and Dutch Cake due to similarities in flavor, effects, and genetics. It is known for its unique blend of sweet and fruity flavors, potent effects, and relaxing properties.
Ice Cream Cake is a delicious and potent cannabis strain with a range of cerebral and physical effects. Whether you are a recreational user or a medical patient, Ice Cream Cake offers a unique and enjoyable experience. With proper cultivation techniques and care, you can grow your own IceCream Cake plants and enjoy the benefits of this popular strain.
For more informative articles on all type of strains, stay tuned with MaryJaneStrain